Friday 26 July 2013

Have butterflies (in one's stomach)

Meaning:

  • When you have butterflies in your stomach, you feel very nervous.
  • You have a nervous feeling in your stomach, for example before an important event or in danger.


Example sentence:

I was so nervous before my first performance - my knees were shaking, my mouth was dry and there were butterflies in my stomach.



Questions for you to answer:

  1. In which situations do you have butterflies in your stomach?
  2. What do you think this physical feeling is caused by?
  3. Can you do anything to stop having butterflies in your stomach?
  4. Do you think it can sometimes be advantageous to have butterflies in your stomach before an important event?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Here you can practise your writing, or just comment on the posts.