Thursday 29 August 2013

I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

Meaning:

  • This is something that you say to tell someone that you will not worry about a possible problem but will deal with it if it happens.

Example sentence:

I know this might cause us a lot of trouble and it will be a lot of extra work, but there's no need to worry now; we'll see when the project is launched. I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.


Questions for you to answer:

  1. Do you often worry about possible problems before they actually happen?
  2. What adjectives would you use to describe a person who worries too much about possible problems?
  3. How does this idiom relate to "Don't count your chickens (before they're hatched)"?

     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Here you can practise your writing, or just comment on the posts.